Veloset takes your privacy very seriously and for this reason we have developed a Privacy Statement outlining our approach to information collected on this site.
Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
(2) Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
(3) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you
(4) Session information stored in cookies, these do not include any personal information and are used to ensure the correct data is extracted from the database when using our interactive systems.
(5) Under no circumstances will we hold sensitive payment details such as your card number, expiry date and security code.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. We will not pass on your contact details to any other person without your permission.
The details we collect will be used: -
(1) For the purpose of marketing and advertising only uket.co.uk and its group of companies.
(2) For accounting and record keeping purposes
(1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing us or by writing to us at our customer services address in (2) below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service, after sale obligations or accounting purposes.
(2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to 'UKET' (fixed fee under the Data Protection act 1998)
Customer Services (Data Subject Access Request)
PO Box 326
The SSL (and TLS) protocol is the Web standard for encrypting communications between users and SSL (secure sockets layer) e-commerce sites. Data sent via an SSL connection is protected by encryption, a mechanism that prevents eavesdropping and tampering with any transmitted data. SSL provides businesses and consumers with the confidence that private data sent to a Web site, such as credit card numbers, are kept confidential. Web server certificates (also known as secure server certificates or SSL certificates) are required to initialize an SSL session.
Customers know when they have an SSL session with a website when their browser displays the little gold padlock and the address bar begins with a https rather than http.
As soon as you progress into the Veloset order process the website will switch to SSL so you can shop on line safe in the knowledge that the payment process is completely secure.